5 Things to Be Thankful For Towards the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, many people are thinking about the things that make them feel thankful- family, friends, and the massive amounts of calories to be consumed on Thursday. I’m sure most of you feel the same- but with Thanksgiving around the corner, so is the end of the semester. Usually this is the point in the semester where the black circles under my eyes become permanent and being sick is part of the everyday. Here are a few things that might cheer you up about this time of the semester…

1. Like I said- (hopefully) you’ll be consuming thousands of calories next Thursday, with family and friends. If that doesn’t get you through the next week, order OHOP.

2. Christmas decorations are going up. Sure I’m Halloween’s number one fan, but there’s something about lights and snowflakes that makes anyone cheer up a little bit.

3. IT HASN’T SNOWED YET. *knock on wood*

4. The end of the semester projects and papers are nearing their due dates, and you can look at this in one of two ways- in a negative stressful way OR in an “okay, time to stop binge-drinking every night and get my work done” way. Nothing brings satisfaction like a completed final project.

5. Thanksgiving is a good time for reflection. No matter who you are, or what’s happening in your life, it’s a good time of year to focus on what you have instead of what you don’t.

With that said, consume all the calories you want and take all the food coma naps you need. Happy break, Black Bears–I think we could all use it.

Katelyn is a Senior at the University of Maine studying Psychology and Child Development/Family Relations. Her involvement with Her Campus began at the UMaine chapter in 2015. Currently she is President/Co-Campus Coordinator of the UMaine chapter. In addition to HerCampus, Katelyn is also Secretary of UMaine's Active Minds chapter. Katelyn's future plans include traveling, being a dog owner and figuring out how to be an adult. Fun fact: she uses excessive amounts of hairspray & loves to wear black.
Hannah began her involvement with Her Campus as a contributing writer for the UMaine chapter after transferring from Seton Hall University in 2013. Currently, she is the HC UMaine Campus Correspondent and a Chapter Advisor. She is also a staff writer at the University of Maine's student newspaper, The Maine Campus. As a fourth year Journalism student with an English minor, Hannah enjoys writing everything from hard news stories to GIF-filled listicles. In addition to her involvement with Her Campus, Hannah coaches a junior varsity high school cheerleading team. In her spare time, you can find Hannah sharing hair tips on her personal blog, obsessing over Justin Bieber and re-watching episodes of Gossip Girl.