5 Pieces of Celeb News More Interesting Than Working On My Capstone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

1. Blac Chyna and Robert Kardashian are ENGAGED!

It’s official, Amber Rose even made Chyna&Rob emojis. So Tyga and Chyna were engaged and had a baby and were friends with Kim. Then Tyga broke up with Chyna and started dating Kim’s little half sister, Kylie. Chyna started dating Kylie’s brother Rob, and now they are getting married! So if Tyga and Kylie get married, Tyga will be the uncle and father to his child. But the craziest part? They announced the engagement 3 days ago, and not a single Kardashian has made a public comment. This is what it took to shut them up. 

2. Azealia Banks and Sarah Palin are Feuding.

I never thought I’d say that Sarah Palin was the right one in a feud. But Azealia Banks read a satirical article that quoted Palin as saying that black people “willingly accepted slavery” and proceeded to tweet some seriously heinous things to her including hoping she gets sexually assaulted. I can’t imagine the look on Banks’ face when she realized the article was a joke. She deleted the tweets (not before they were screenshotted) and wrote an apology letter to Palin that was less than sincere. One of the postscripts read “‘If Bristol Palin listened to my music she probably wouldn’t have all those cotdamn kids!!!! ;-P #sis #iud #stayinschool #causeitsthebest.’” Apparently Palin is planning on suing. We’ll see where this goes…

3. Jennifer Lawrence Puked After an Adele Concert and Emma Stone Rubbed Her Back… and Woody Harrelson Was There Too. 

In the May issue of Harper’s Bazaar, J-Law told the ridiculous story of her drinking too much on a night out (celebrities- they’re just like us). About the night she said, “Ask Emma Stone. It was the night we saw Adele in L.A. She just started rubbing my back. She was really sweet. I was like, ‘Get out of here. It’s so gross. Woody cut his foot. He stayed over in one of my guest bedrooms, but that’s where I started puking. I broke a candle because I can’t just puke like a normal person – I flay my arms everywhere. And I didn’t clean it up because I’m an asshole. The next day he cut his foot open. I was like, ‘Fuck, am I going to get sued?’ And he’s like, ‘Are you going to ask if I’m okay?’ That night got crazy.”

4. Mariah Carey Insured Her Body Parts for $70 Million Dollars. 

Mariah Carey is one of the weirdest celebrities. Remember when she said about J.Lo “I don’t know her.” Like what?! Girl is crazy. In a super Mariah move, she’s insured both her vocal chords and her legs for $35 million dollars in preparation for her upcoming tour.

5. There’s a Conspiracy Theory that Louis Tomlinson’s Baby is Fake.

1D fans are crazy (hopefully they won’t come after me for saying that…) and a large group of them have spent a year formulating theories about Louis Tomlinson’s baby that was born in February. They’re saying that 1.The baby is a doll or 2.The baby doesn’t exist or 3. It isn’t his baby at all, it’s someone else’s. Fans have theories that his entire relationship with his baby mama and fake pregnancy was set up by his manager. They look into the way Louis types, his hair in certain photos, and claim all the baby pictures are photoshopped. You don’t have to be a 1D fan to appreciate how insane it all is. These people are really, really… dedicated.

Terry Shortt is a fourth year Journalism major minoring in WGS Studies and Creative Writing at the University of Maine. In her free time she enjoys writing, reading, playing dress up, crafting, and eating. She fancies herself to be a sex positive, feminist, Martha Stewart. She enjoys the simple pleasures in life, like warm summer nights and perfect cat-eyes.
Kate Berry is a fourth-year journalism major at the University of Maine in Orono. She loves reading about the latest trends and events.