5 Easy DIY Halloween Costumes You Can Throw Together Last Minute

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

With Halloween approaching, some may look at their Halloween inspiration and think it may break their student bank account. Here are a few easy DIY costumes that will keep your account from the negatives and you can throw together at any time!

1.  Fruit

Have some gal pals match with you or go stag to show off your favorite fruit. With an oversized tee, decorate your shirt according to your fruit–whatever it may be! Grab a pink shirt and draw some seeds for a watermelon, or a purple one and outline some grapes!

1.  Netflix and Chill

Draw inspiration from your favorite binge-watching network. Get a tee (red or white) and write “Netflix” or “Chill” on it. If you wrote Netflix, get someone to wear the other tee as matching is always a good way to go.

1.  Thing 1 or Thing 2

Channeling your inner childhood memories bring gives you an easy, money saving costume. Get a red shirt and iron on “Thing 1” or “Thing 2”, some red stocking, and maybe even a tutu if you’re feeling it. Take a cute pic and now you have a “throwback to childhood” costume.

1.  Princess

Every girl wants to look and feel like a princess! With your most over-the-top outfit (we all know you have one) grab a crown from Claire’s or The Dollar Store, some gloves, and maybe slippers of your choice and you’ll feel like royalty all night without breaking the bank.

1. Dalmatian

Grab an oversized white tee, draw on some black spots, pair it with black shorts or leggings, get spotted ears and you’re good to go.

Photos: 1

Taylor is a third-year at the University of Maine, studying Business with a concentration in marketing. She loves feminist magazines, short films, and clothes- lots of them. Insta @pasedente
Mary is a fourth year Ecology and Environmental Science major at the University of Maine, with a concentration in sustainability. Mary loves to read, spend time with her Alpha Phi sisters, cuddle with her cat, and drink coffee. She hopes to save the environment and adopt alllll the kitties.