This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

With colder weather hitting Iowa City hard, local establishments are doing the best they can to help residents keep warm this winter with various winter treats. Yotopia, a popular frozen yogurt establishment, located on Clinton St. across from the Old Capital, mall has made various efforts to liven the spirits of chilly customers. 

For those who are not burdened by the cold weather, Yotopia has added pumpkin pie to the list of their vast array of frozen flavors. According to employment, the company plans on also adding eggnog to their selection.

Frozen yogurt is not the only thing that customers have to look forward to when craving a holiday fix. Yotopia has once again started promoting their winter Hot Chocolate Bar as another way to keep customers cozy.

“This is the fourth winter that we have done this,” says Veronica Tessler, an Yotopia employee. “We have been seeing a lot of people coming in specifically for hot chocolate.”

According to Tessler, this has already been one of the more popular winters for selling hot chocolate. “I think it’s causing such a stir because it’s different,” she said. “Sure you can get hot chocolate from pretty much anywhere, but here you can make it exactly how you want it.”

Yotopia will continue to serve holiday themed yogurt and hot chocolate throughout the remainder of the winter season, so be sure to stop in and satisfy your sweet tooth before time runs out!

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.