This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Online dating websites have been around pretty much since the dawn of the internet. In the past, we’ve often thought of them as a way for lonely middle aged adults to finally meet someone, but what about the college age group? That’s where Tinder comes in. Download the app, swipe left or right on guys/girls in your area and if it’s a match then boom. You’ve got yourself a date (if that’s what you want to call it). To some this seems almost too good to be true. Probably because 80% of the time it is. Yeah sure, there may be a story or two about a couple who can thank Tinder for their relationship, but let’s be honest…no one wants to hear about that. College kids are all about having a good story to tell so let’s take a look at what these anonymous students at the university had to say about their past experiences on Tinder.

“Every single match I’ve ever had asks me if my mom was single…she’s not.”

– Senior, 22

“Met with a guy I matched with at Java House. He seemed completely normal until we started talking…turns out he knew a ton about me. He found me on Facebook even though I never told him my last name and had researched me. So when I was talking about myself and what I liked, he said “I know.” Creepy!”

– Sophomore, 20

“Received a message from one of my matches. It was just the pizza emoji followed by the OK hand symbol then the pointing finger symbol if you know what I mean…..”

–Sophomore. 19

“I once had a guy ask me if I wanted to fly out to California to be with him. We never even met in person. He was dead serious too.”

–Junior, 20

“I had been messaging back and forth with this guy and he really stressed the fact the he was this athletic, 6’3 athlete. I met with him in person…turns out he’s 5’2″. I felt so awkward I told him I had to leave.”

– Freshman, 19

“Junior year. Broke up with my boyfriend and jokingly made myself a Tinder account just for fun because everyone else had one. Literally the next day I got on the cambus as someone yelled “Hey! I swiped right on you on Tinder last night…I’m guessing that means you’re single now??” Instantly wanted to die of embarrassment.”

-Junior, 21

“I invited a guy to come hook up while I was with a big group at a friend’s apartment in Chicago. When he got there he started mingling with all of my friends and it took 20 minutes to finally get him to myself. Five minutes later all I could think about was how short he was and I couldn’t stop laughing. I flat out told him it wasn’t going to work out. He ran out of the room, stole two beers and a half gone bottle of tequila, then proceeded to run out the front door giggling.”

–Sophomore 20

“This summer my friends and I made a catfish Tinder just to mess with people. We spent hours dying laughing as we came across a bunch of our guy friends’ accounts.”

-Junior, 20

“My friends and I used to play a game every time we’d go out. We’d match with guys that we wanted to get back at, set up a place to meet downtown and hide somewhere to watch their faces when we don’t show up. Literally so satisfying.”

– Senior, 21

Whether you’re team Tinder or not, there’s no denying that it makes for a good story or two.

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.