Studying Abroad: A Glimpse into Alicante, España

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

If anyone is out there thinking about taking the opportunity to study abroad during their college years, considering Alicante, Spain could be the best choice of your life. The city is surrounded on one side by the Mediterranean Sea and on the other huge mountains to overlook the amazing scenery. The city of Alicante offers something for every type of person from crazy nightlife (which doesn’t start till 3:30 am here!) to relaxing on the beach thinking about the colder weather people back in the states are dealing with. 

If you are a person that is struggling with the idea of whether to study abroad or not, the piece of advice that I would give you is that it has been one of the best decisions of my life. You meet some of the most amazing people from different parts of America, but also all of the world. Being thrown into a foreign country will help you find out more about yourself and let’s you experience things that you can keep as memories forever!   

My name is Stephanie Bennett from Wood Dale, Illinois. I am a sophomore at the University of Iowa and majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Cinema.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.