Start Off Your Summer Right With Her Campus Summer Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

After a long semester comes to an end, we’re all ready for summer. Whether you’ll be spending your summer traveling or laying on the beach or working at an internship or sitting on the couch, we could all use some help unwinding, relaxing and taking care of ourselves. With the help of the Her Campus Summer Survival Kits, Her Campus Iowa has you covered. Read on for our summer essentials!

Secret Invisible Solid Cool Waterlily

Summer, unfortunately, means sweat. Combat that uncomfortable, damp odor with Secret’s new Fresh line, which stays fresh for 48 hours and comes in 11 fragrances. From Luxe Lavender to Cool Waterlily, each new scent provides long-lasting fragrance that won’t disappear as the day picks up. These minis are small enough to toss in your purse or pool bag, so don’t forget to take it with you to stay fresh all day!

Simply Summer’s Eve Cleansing Cloths

We all also need to remember to take care of ourselves down there. Down there care doesn’t have to be a hassle, especially with these new Simply Summer’s Eve Cocunut Water Cleansing Cloths. Summer’s Eve is a simple line free from harsh chemicals, formulated with fewer ingredients and infused with botanical extracts. These little cleanssing cloths offer ultimate freshness, wherever and whenever.

White Fur, by Jardine Libaire

We at Her Campus Iowa LOVE to read, and summer is the perfect time to catch up on all of that free-reading we can’t get done during the year. We’re super excited to dive into this Penguin Random House pick! Check out the synopsis:

“A stunning star-crossed love story set against the glitz and grit of 1980s New York City. When Elise Perez meets Jamey Hyde on a desolate winter afternoon, fate implodes, and neither of their lives will ever be the same. Although they are next-door neighbors in New Haven, they come from different worlds. Elise grew up in a housing project without a father and didn’t graduate from high school; Jamey is a junior at Yale, heir to a private investment bank fortune and beholden to high family expectations. Nevertheless, the attraction is instant, and what starts out as sexual obsession turns into something greater, stranger, and impossible to ignore.

The unlikely couple moves to Manhattan in hopes of forging an adult life together, but Jamey’s family intervenes in desperation, and the consequences of staying together are suddenly severe. And when a night out with old friends takes a shocking turn, Jamey and Elise find themselves fighting not just for their love, but also for their lives. White Fur follows these indelible characters on their wild race through Newport mansions and downtown NYC nightspots, SoHo bars and WASP-establishment yacht clubs, through bedrooms and hospital rooms, as they explore, love, play, and suffer.”

Steripod Toothbrush Protector

If you’ll be traveling—or even if you’ll be staying home!—it’s important to keep your toiletries clean and sanitized. Protect your toothbrush and your pearly whites with a Steripod clip on toothbrush protector, which keeps your toothbrush clean and fresh for up to three months. Just clip on this protective ‘pod’ to shield your brush from airborne and cross contamination and never worry about how clean your toothbrush actually is ever again. Steripod is specially designed so air circulates freely, allowing your toothbrush to dry naturally. The drier your brush, the lower the risk of bad bugs on your bristles. And choose your favorite summer color from a variety of options!

Enjoy your summer, collegiettes! You deserve some time off from homework, papers and tests. HCXO!

Sarah Nelson is senior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Journalism major, English minor, and Fundraising and Philanthropy Communication Certificate. When she's not binge-watching One Tree Hill or Jane the Virgin on Netflix (again), she's is probably rereading the Harry Potter series or writing for her blog, SarahNdipity. With an addiction to books and coffee, Sarah hopes to take the world by storm as a book editor. Or social media marketer. Or blogger. (She hasn't quite made up her mind yet, but that's okay because who says you have to be just one thing?)