A New Year’s Resolution You Will Actually Like: Top 16 TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Everyone seems to have similar New Year’s resolutions, whether it is to work out more, spend more time with friends, or work harder in school or at work. I propose to you a New Year’s resolution you won’t end up giving up on in a week. This article features 16 of my personal favorite TV shows from various genres and eras. If you can confidently say you have seen all of these shows, we could definitely be best friends. If you have seen a good amount of these, then pat yourself on the back. If you have only seen one or two, break out your laptop and clear your schedule.

1. “Friends”

2. “Gilmore Girls”

3. “American Horror Story”

4. “Grey’s Anatomy”

5. “Gossip Girl”

6. “Psych”

7. “Orange is the New Black”

8. “How I Met Your Mother”

9. “Breaking Bad”

10. “Walking Dead”

11. “Supernatural”

12. “Say Yes to the Dress”

13. “Project Runway”

14. “That 70’s Show”

15. “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”

16. “Castle”

My name is Sarah Pippin, and I am from Marshalltown Iowa. I am studying Communications with a Writing Certificate in Writing for Media, and a minor in Cinematic Arts at the University of Iowa. I am involved in service projects around campus and Iowa City as a member of Alpha Phi Omega Omicron. I also host Pippin Talk a talk show on Saturday's from 11am-12 on KRUI Iowa City 89.7 FM. I LOVE all things makeup and fashion. You can check out my blog at http://sispip85.wix.com/allmadeup I am an avid Grey's Anatomy, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, Gossip Girl, and Gilmore Girls fan.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.