This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

In college you learn quickly to get thrifty with what you have whether it is cooking a makeshift meal, decorating the new apartment, or resurfacing your mom’s vintage jean jacket- but whose to say beauty remedies can’t be included?  Below is a list of tips, tricks, and recipes you can make right from your own home!

1.     Get Bronzed: The tan lines have officially been long faded- so ladies here is a totally natural and easy remedy to keep that natural glow around without sun or self-tanners

·      Mix 1 teaspoon of organic sunscreen and a pinch of loose mineral bronzer in your palm, blend it throughout for an instant glow! (Health Magazine).

2.     Natural Teeth Whitener: Everyone strives for that pearly white smile so here is a recipe using all natural ingredients

·      Use pureed strawberries (surprising, yes) and baking soda and fill it in a mouth guard or retainer, leave on teeth for 30 minutes for that glowing smile (Wellness Mama).

3.     Sugar Scrub: so sugar may not be totally healthy for your body, however, it is great for your skin

·      Mix equal parts of white or brown sugar and olive or almond oil and add essential oils of your choice, rub and massage all over skin and rinse for a chronic clean feel (Wellness Mama).

4.     Food Facial: skip the spa and create this facial solution using (YES) breakfast items!

·      Use honey, plain yogurt or whipped egg whites themselves or in combination for a wonderful toning facial mask that leaves your skin glowing (Wellness Mama).

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.