This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

If you have a knack for traveling or you want to take some time before you jumpstart your career to see the world, here are some companies to get you started. Some have a specific focus on majors, while others are for all of you ‘do gooders’ out there.

Medair
www.relief.medair.org

This organization focuses heavily on relief work all around the world. There are many different positions in both volunteer work and professional work including, health and nutrition, Communication/Marketing, and Logistics just to name a few. Medair helps people all over the globe from Africa to Haiti.

Maritz
www.maritz.com

Maritz is a company that helps other companies grow. They have an outstanding amount of positions in order to accomplish this goal and many involve travel. A few of the positions include, creative director, human resources management, travel consultant, data mining, and project manager.

Cruise Line Jobs
www.ncl.com www.carnival.com

A fun and exciting way to spend your time seeing the world is on a cruise ship. Many cruise lines offer many job opportunities. One popular cruise ship job for college students is a Seasonal Youth Counselor. This job varies depending on the cruise but it is an adventurous way to fill a gap in your schedule.

WorkAway
www.workaway.info

WorkAway is a website for host families to find volunteers for various jobs such as, child and elderly care, farming, and language learning. WorkAway has host families in many countries and continents. Essentially, you pay for your food and board by working for your host family. You could be working on an avocado and garlic farm in Australia or help in a ceramics studio with a family from Greece!

While most non-profit organizations focus on recruiting volunteers, it is important to keep in mind that these organizations are still businesses and have very important positions to be filled just like any other business. Also, be sure to do your research for every travel company you consider. Talk to others that have worked for the company to make sure it is the best fit for you!

Gabby is a junior at the University of Iowa, working towards her double major in Communication Studies and Anthropology with a minor is Psychology. She is originally from LaSalle, Illinois and enjoys writing, traveling, and fashion.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.