Meet the Staff!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Do you ever wonder who is writing the amazing articles that you have been reading on Iowa’s Her Campus page? Well, here they are! Meet the lovely staff of 2014 that has brought and will continue to bring you amazing content all year round!

Natalie Vicchio-Shaker Heights, Ohio–English Major with Creative Writing Track-Minor in Arabic and Cinema Studies

What is a secret talent that you have?

I am weirdly good at remembering someone’s birthday…it just takes mentioning it once. I don’t really know why I have such an affinity for it!

What are your major career goals?

Right now, I would love to be a freelance writer. A nearer goal, though, is to go to the Middle East to improve my study of Arabic. There are so many opportunities around the world to enjoy, and I just really want to become a part of at least one.

Jessica Frye-Muscatine, Iowa–English Major

What extracurriculars are you apart of?

Nannying and waitressing at Buffalo Wild Wings, writing for Her Campus and I recently got hired for an internship at the UNESCO City of Literature.

If you could be any woman from history who would you be and why?

Audrey Hepburn, definitely. She was an amazing and beautiful actress, as well as a giving and inspiring philanthropist.

If you could pick any state to live in, where would you go?

As cliche as it probably sounds, I’d have to say California. Northern California is beautiful and has great weather. In Cali, if you want snow, you go into a mountain, and the rest of the time you enjoy lovely weather all year round.

Nina Vogel-Wood Dale, Illinois–Journalism Major

What extracurriculars are you apart of?

Right now, I’m a marketing intern with Live Nation Entertainment and I go to Chicago every week to be in the office (The House of Blues!). It’s literally the best experience I’ve ever had. Other than that I work at Buffalo Wild Wings (with Jessica Frye) and also work for the student organization SCOPE Productions. We’re the group that brings concerts and entertainment to campus!

If you could be any famous woman in history, who would you be and why?

I’d probably choose Amelia Earhart because I totally admire her bravery and courage..plus I love flying! Nothing excites me more than knowing I have to catch my flight. Hopefully, my future job will consist of a lot of traveling and airports.

Elena Bruess-Cedar Falls, Iowa–Double Major in English on the Creative Writing Track and International Relations

What is your favorite part about being involved with Her Campus?

Just the fact that I’m pushed to write an article every week is really great. I need deadlines to get me to write usually. It’s good practice and really fun to come up with new ideas every month!

What extracurriculars are you involved in?

I work as an RA for the Writers’ LLC and I am an advisor for INK Literary Magazine. I am the ambassador for the Hellenic Society and work in the theater department sometimes by writing plays or performing. I am also a part of the all-female improv troupe that started this year called Janice.

What is a secret talent that you have?

I can hold my breath for more than 3 minutes. It’s pretty crazy and probably pretty weird, too.

Taylor Domino-Rockford, Illinois–Double Major in Journalism and Sports Studies

Colorado hands down. It has nothing to do with the recent legalization of Mary Jane, either. I’m really into snowboarding and would love to be able to hit the slopes whenver I wanted. Not to mention, the natural landscape is to die for.

If you could be any famous woman from history who would you be and why?

Marilyn Monroe…there are a million reasons why! She was gorgeous, talented and totally comfortable in her own skin..not ot mention that she had great taste in men!

Mary Schaefer-Arlington Heights, Illinois–Marketing Major

What extracurriculars are in involved in? 

During school, I am the Public Relations Chair for Kappa Kappa Gamma, a peer mentor for Best Buddies and a member of Students in Advertising. I also nanny during the summer.

If you could be any famous woman from history who would you choose?

I would be Princess Diana, because she was so well respected and philanthropic. The memory of her impact on the world and giving heart will always live on.

What are you major career goals?

I want to work in downtown Chicago for a marketing and advertising company. I would like to market for a fun company and contribute advertising ideas.

*If you want to be a member of Her Campus at the University of Iowa, just email me, Adrian Thompson @ Adrian-thompson@hercampus.com

**Stay tuned for staff photos next semester!

She is a senior at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism with a minor in English. On top of being a campus correspondent for Her Campus, Adrian is also a brand ambassador for Quad, a communications intern for Pearson and the marketing director of Iowa's Ed On Campus chapter. When she isn't rereading Harry Potter for the hundredth time, Adrian is playing with her English Bulldog, Stella, or looking at pictures of French Bulldogs on Pinterest. She hopes to someday move into a bigger apartment that can accommodate many pets, write the next greatest novel that will take the world by storm, and be a contributing editor or EIC of a major publication or publishing house.