Meet ROTC Stud Abbie Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

After meeting Abbie the first night I came to the University of Iowa, I’ve gotten to know her more, and it has been so much fun becoming close friends. This girl is extremely loyal and a friend you will always want in your corner. She has some big plans for the future, and I hope I will be around to watch her accomplish every one. Her humor (sometimes highly inappropriate) is just the icing on the cake. 

Name: Abbie Moore

Hometown: North Liberty, Iowa

Major: Industrial Engineering 

Involvements at the University: Air Force ROTC, Dance Marathon, Honors at Iowa, STAT

Favorite study spot: A booth in the Seaman Center

Favorite Netflix show: The Walking Dead 

Favorite store: Lululemon Athletica 

Favorite app: Activity for Apple Watch 

What is your favorite part of ROTC?

I have made a lot of close friends that make the challenging parts of ROTC and school more enjoyable. We have a sense of camaraderie like a sports team while sharing a common goal: to become USAF (United States Air Force) officers. 

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? 

Europe. I know that is broad, but I think it would be fun to spend a lot of time over there hopping from country to country experiencing all of the culture and history.

If you could meet any celebrity, who would you meet? 

Sandra Bullock…She is life goals. I love her strength and independence. 

What is your favorite part about Iowa City?

I love how many opportunities are available. Growing up in the area, I never felt like I was bored. There was always something or somewhere new to explore. 

What is your dream job after college?

To be an officer in the Air Force, I’m not sure what job specifically, but I’m thinking I want to work in logistics. 

What made you want to join ROTC?

I wanted to do something bigger than myself, and I’ve always had an interest in the military, so I tried it out. The friends I’ve made and experiences I’ve had just in this first semester are a real bonus. 

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.