Meet Carly Johnson, A Business Babe Who Loves To Study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I have had the joy of being best friends with Carly since high school, and as luck would have it, we both ended up going to University of Iowa. We met through choir and drama activities and share a mutual love for One Tree Hill and Dunkin’ Donuts iced coffee. Carly is kind, hard-working and hilarious, and I’m so thankful to have her as a friend. Here are some of the things that make Carly unique!

Name: Carly Johnson

Hometown: West Des Moines, IA

Major: Business

Year in College: Freshman

How did you choose your major? 

“I wanted something that would combine my math skills as well as my creative skills, and I also enjoy leadership.”

Why did you choose University of Iowa? 

“I really liked the business school and program, and it just made sense because the reason I’m going to college is to get a degree in business.”

How are you involved on campus? 

“I am a Family Rep and Dancer in Dance Marathon, and I’m a member of SALT company.”

What are your career goals for the future? 

“I aspire to be an accountant or possibly work in real estate.”

What or who inspires you the most on a daily basis?

“My sister because of the goals that she has accomplished and the relationships she has made with people and her happiness in life.”

Favorite spot in Iowa City: “Honestly I really like the library because I find myself excited about my studies, and I feel a lot more productive and that I’m accomplishing a lot more when I’m there.”

Favorite Place in the Whole World: “My grandparents’ house in Lake Keowee, South Carolina” 

Favorite Coffee Drink: Iced coffee with cream, sugar and French vanilla from Dunkin’ Donuts

Favorite TV Show: The Office

Go-To Late Night Snack: Goldfish

Favorite Movie: The Proposal

Favorite Class at University of Iowa: Direct admit business seminar

Favorite University of Iowa Professor: Stacey Brook

Best Advice for Incoming Students at University of Iowa: “Get involved in campus and reach out to the people that you are involved with.”

U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.