Meet Bridget Dungan, Business & Japanese Major

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

I’ve known Bridget Dungan since last May, when we met for dinner one evening towards the end of the semester after being randomly assigned to share a room the next school year. Since we moved in last fall, we’ve become really good friends who watch movies with each other, laugh at the same memes and sometimes study together. Recently I asked my roommate some fun questions about herself and learned some new things about her in the process!

Hometown: Arlington Heights, IL

Major: Business and Japanese 

Extracurriculars: CHAARG, American Advertising Federation, Water to Thrive, Anime Club, Eats & Treats 

Favorite study spot: Java House 

Go-to coffee order: Salted caramel mocha 

Favorite TV show: NCIS 

Favorite book: The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Favorite movie: Rise of the Guardians 

Hobbies: Badminton, tennis, watching anime, hanging with friends 

What is your dream job?

To do nothing and get paid! 

Who is your role model?

My mom because she is fun to be around! 

If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be and why?

Meghan Trainor because I really like her music and her attitude. 

Why did you choose the University of Iowa?

The writing program! I was originally an English major, but I changed majors once I was here. 

Why did you change your major? 

I realized I didn’t want to write books anymore because I like financial security!

What is the best memory you’ve made so far at college?

When I saw Amy Schumer perform here last spring!

Elizabeth Chesak is a junior at the University of Iowa. She is triple-majoring in English & Creative Writing, Journalism, and Gender, Women’s, & Sexuality Studies to prepare for her hybrid dream job of picture book author/National Geographic photojournalist/activist. When not in class, studying, or sleeping, she can usually be found befriending the neighborhood cats.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.