Introducing Her Campus Iowa’s 2016-2017 Executive Board

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

We are so excited to introduce our 2016-2017 Executive Board!

Kylie Kreischer, President & Director of Marketing

Major: Journalism and Mass Communications, focus in Leadership Studies

Go-to coffee order: Vanilla latte 

Dream job: Working for a creative PR firm that has clients that inspire me 

Favorite place in Iowa City: In the sun, on the Pentacrest

Favorite quote: “Everything happens for a reason.” 

Other organization involvement: Kappa Alpha Theta, Public Relations Student Society of America, Student Event Planner Association

Sarah Nelson,  Editor-in-Chief & Vice President

Major: Journalism and Mass Communication

Go-to coffee order: chai latte

Dream job: Book editor, magazine editor, blogger, social media marketer…I can’t decide!

Favorite place in Iowa City: Sitting on the steps of the Old Capitol looking toward the River

Favorite place in the world: Home

Netflix addiction: I’m constantly replaying “One Tree Hill” and “New Girl”

Paige Netzel, Senior Editor

Major: English

Dream job: A successful novelist of young adult books. It’s what I love and you can be anywhere while writing!

Favorite place in Iowa City: The ledge by the Old Capitol overlooking Madison Street with my best friend, Sarah Nelson. You can see a lot from there!

Favorite place in the World: My home, the library, or El Salvador. All very different, but each with special places in my heart!

Go-To coffee order: Peppermint mocha — any time of the year!

Lexi Atzen, our Social Media Director!

Major: Journalism and Mass Communications

Her Campus Involvement: Editorial and Social Media Director

Dream job: Magazine editor or writer or marketing 

Favorite place in Iowa City: Kinnick Stadium 

Favorite campus secret: Free coffee Fridays at HyVee Gas (you’re welcome) 

Netflix addiction: “Friday Night Lights”

Liz Panella, Marketing & Publicity Director

Major: Communications 

Favorite quote: “Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.”

Favorite place in Iowa City: Formosa 

Favorite secret place on campus: Outside patio of the IMU 

Other organizations: Kappa Alpha Theta, AMA

Shannon Nolan, Event Director

Major: Journalism & Mass Communication and Engaged Social Innovation

HC Involvement: Event Director and Editorial 

Go-to coffee order: Grande Starbucks medium roast with a little cream and a pump of hazelnut

Dream job: Book author, blogger, reporter for the Washington Post, anything involving writing!

Favorite place in Iowa City: Prairie Lights

Netflix addiction: All of the good Audrey Hepburn movies (“Charade,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”)

Amy Luong, Outreach Coordinator

Major: Journalism and Mass Communications, certificate in Event Planning and Entrepreneurial Management

HC Involvement: Outreach Coordinator, Editorial, and Social Media

Go-to coffee order: Chai Tea Latte with a pump of caramel or peach green tea lemonade in the summer

Favorite place in the world: New York City or Boston (future home)

Other organization involvement: Delta Zeta Sorority and No Labels

Fun fact: I have an elephant tattoo that means good luck because I have the worst luck in the world.

Rachel Green, Executive Assistant

HC Involvement: Executive Assistant & Editorial

Dream job: Writing for a major paper such as the Chicago Tribute or the New York Times 

Favorite secret place in Iowa City: A little boat house on the river — it’s the perfect place for sketching when the weather is nice

Netflix addiction: “American Horror Story”

Other organization involvement: PRSSA/Inspire, Phi Era Sigma Honors fraternity, KRUI, Big Ten Network Student U

Stay tuned for a fantastic year for Her Campus Iowa with these amazing ladies on our Executive Eoard!

Sarah Nelson is senior at the University of Iowa pursuing a Journalism major, English minor, and Fundraising and Philanthropy Communication Certificate. When she's not binge-watching One Tree Hill or Jane the Virgin on Netflix (again), she's is probably rereading the Harry Potter series or writing for her blog, SarahNdipity. With an addiction to books and coffee, Sarah hopes to take the world by storm as a book editor. Or social media marketer. Or blogger. (She hasn't quite made up her mind yet, but that's okay because who says you have to be just one thing?)