Hawkeye Celebrity Quinn Terrill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Quinn Terrill is this week’s campus celebrity! Terrill is a very busy and successful sophomore attending the University of Iowa.  Born and raised in Iowa City, she was destined to attend UIowa since birth.  Not only did she fulfill one of her dreams of becoming a Hawkeye, but she has also done some pretty impressive stuff along the way. 

As a pre-med student, Terrill has found time within her busy schedule to rise to the top in some jobs and organizations that she has gotten involved with.  She has been a part of an organization called “Best Buddies” for the past 4 years that focuses on people with intellectual needs and developmental disabilities. She also has gotten her foot into the medical field by volunteering at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for many years.  Terrill has worked in the cardiology and oncology unit and presently is working in the psychiatric ward.  Quinn also finds time to work as an assistant in the Drosophila Lab, who experiments with fruit flies, in Iowa’s Biology building.  Another thing that Terrill is involved with on campus is UIowa Democrats.  With upcoming elections, she and the various members of UIowa Democrats will be hosting and organizing caucuses and events that support passionate democrats in the state of Iowa.  

On top of all this, Terrill is a die-hard Hawkeye football fan and has proved her devotion by never missing a home game in 19 years. Her father is the official head tailgater of the University of Iowa’s Football Club and he has really shaped Quinn into becoming the big Hawkeye fan that she is.  Quinn embodies the perfect campus celebrity this week because she have tremendous school spirit and is part of some amazing organizations that benefit others here on campus.  With her tenacity and drive to be the best, both in school and extracurricular activities, she will definitely be someone to watch out for as she graduates and enters the world.  She truly represents what I think it means to be HC Iowa’s campus celebrity this week! 

Photo Credit: Kimmie Issacs 

My name is Stephanie Bennett from Wood Dale, Illinois. I am a sophomore at the University of Iowa and majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Cinema.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.