Finals Hairstyles That Make It Look Like You Tried

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

We all know the struggles of finals week. The temptation to wear sweatpants and hoodies all week is real, but we know that if we want to stay awake for all of our finals, we know that we’re going to have to step it up a notch. The only catch is that while it’s still pretty easy to put on jeans and a top compared to sweats, it’s much harder to style your hair to look nice rather than tossing it up in a ponytail. Well, don’t worry collegiettes, here we have some hairstyles that are adorable but so easy you can still wake up ten minutes before you need to leave.

1. Easy curls

These curls are loose and beachy but so easy to do! Put your hair up in a ponytail, split it into a few sections, curl and take it out of the ponytail! 

2. The tuck

This hairstyle is so classy and so fun! The best part is that it only takes about five minutes.

3. The braid

If you have medium or long hair, this hairstyle is a great way to look like you tried. You can fishtail or braid, but either is a hairstyle that will get some stares and will stay in tack the entire day.

4. The Braided Crown

This hairstyle is a little bit trickier if you aren’t a braid expert, but the nice thing is that no matter what your natural hair is (curly, wavy or straight), this hair style will complement that.

5. The Braided Pony

This hairstyle is especially great for those mornings when you have total bedhead. It’s cute but a little messy, so your slept-in hair now looks volumized and styled.

6. The Low Bun

This is one of my favorite looks because it’s super easy and fast, but it looks really neat and put together. Some days, especially finals days, I just need to have my hair out of my face. This hairstyle accomplishes that but also adds a touch of elegance.

7. French Braid Pony

This hairstyle is adorable and very classy. It also takes about two seconds and keeps those stray hairs away.

Well, there you have it. A hair style for every day of the week that will keep you stylish and carefree for finals. Tests are enough to stress about, bad hair days shouldn’t add to it!

Image Sources: Pinterest

Emily is a sophomore at the University of Iowa studying Communication Studies and Event Planning. She is a member of Alpha Chi Omega and her plans for her future are to simply eat so many waffles she becomes Leslie Knope.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.