Dan Rowley – Future Face of Music

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Meet Dan Rowley, the future owner of a notorious music production company…well almost. Rowley is a junior at the University of Iowa and has already accomplished many impressive experiences that most people will never get the chance to do. He is majoring in Interdepartmental Studies with a focus in Arts Management to particularly help him land his dream job in the music industry. In this year alone, Rowley has been recruited by 16th Avenue Music Productions and through this he has received multiple job offers. How does he do it? Let’s take a look at some of the remarkable achievements Rowley has accumulated over his experience here. 

Rowley has earned his position as the Production Coordinator of SCOPE Productions here at the university. SCOPE Productions is an organization that controls all aspects of concerts when popular artists come to perform. This organization is known for its professional reputation when working and coming in contact with many world famous artists. It also provides countless opportunities to its members who desire future careers in the music industry. Rowley is head in charge of directing people where to set up proper stage parts, speakers, lights and works directly with the production company to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

Through his involvement in SCOPE Productions and internship with 16th Avenue Music Productions Rowley was able to land a job working at the world-renowned music festival known as Lollapalooza that takes place in Chicago every summer. Thousands of people from all over the globe come to this festival to watch and sing along to some of their favorite bands and artists in one of the most captivating atmospheres there is. On top of this, Rowley has networked with numerous music professionals, which has already opened up more doors for him to one day land the job of a lifetime. All of his unique and successful experiences qualify him for his very much deserved recognition as this week’s campus celebrity!

Nicky Diaz Student at the University of Iowa Communications major, Human Relations minor
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.