Campus Cutie: Judah Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie, Judah Walker, holds a special place in my heart, because I’m dating him!  This past week, Walker was accepted into one of the university’s graduate programs, so HC Iowa decided to honor his big accomplishment with a cutie shout-out.

As Walker grew up in West Branch, the Iowa City area has been his stomping ground since birth.  He graduated from Iowa with a BA in Computer Science and a BS in Statistics in 2013, and now works at NCS Pearson as an associate performance engineer. He will return to campus in the fall to begin graduate school, attaining his Masters of Computer Science by 2017.  Read on to welcome your fellow Hawkeye back to campus.

1.) Why did you decide to go back to school?

I decided to go back to school for a lot of different reasons.  One, for money and two, to boost my mental capacity. After you leave school you have a slight decline in intellectual capabilities for understanding things. Losing that isn’t very much fun, so I’m going back to school to increase my mental abilities and learn about the mathematical portions of computer science, which you can’t really learn about outside of academia.

2.) What are you excited most about in terms of being a Hawkeye again?

I just wanna go see the game! (laughs) No, just being around campus and being able to enjoy the Iowa City culture – the arts, the festivals that we have around town and being downtown again to enjoy the great cuisine we have here.

3.) What is your dream job?

My dream job would probably be working as a chief technology officer (CTO) of a tech-related company, or doing very deep machine learning and big data analysis. Both of those would be very fulfilling. I would either go in the management direction or work with big data.

4.) What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I like to drink (laughs).  On the weekend, I like to drink and go to shows. Also, I like to hang out with my girlfriend and watch TV shows, which is usually what I do during the week.

5.) What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

By far my greatest weakness is my communication skills (As his girlfriend, I know this better than anyone).  My greatest strength is probably being able to make decisions from a large wealth of data to figure out what’s optimal for a certain situation.

6.) Describe yourself in one sentence:

I am Judah Walker.

7.) Describe your style in one sentence:

I would say business casual meets Health Goth.

8.) If you could hang out with any musician or celebrity for a day, who would it be and what would you do?

I think hanging out with Justin Bieber would be really interesting, just to see if he’s really that big of an ass or to see how much of a jerk he is in general. I would probably just watch him to see how accurate the celebrity portrayals of him are. And, he could hype my Instagram account, so I could get some more followers.

9.) What is important to you in life?

Fulfillment.  Being able to be passionate about whatever I choose to do.  I feel that passion is the biggest form of fulfillment.  I’m passionate about whatever I’m doing at that specific time, whether it be doing well in school or doing well in my job or really just trying to do as well as I can in every aspect of my life.

10.) If you could choose your death, how would you die?

A botched experiment to upload my consciousness to the Internet.

11.) If you were to interview me, what is one question you would ask?

I’m not the journalist, here.  But, go Hawks?

12.) What is your favorite song to listen to, right now?

A Soundcloud remix of “Stuntin Like My Daddy.”  Check out my Soundcloud here.

I am in my senior year and last semester at the University of Iowa, majoring in journalism, minoring in English and pursuing a certificate in creative writing. My passions include writing (poetry, short fiction and anything my mind must expel onto the page), working out and spending time with my friends. I stand by the aphorism, "the pen is mightier than the sword" and hope to use my skills as a writer to positively impact as many people on this planet as I can.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.