This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Sadly, winter break is over. This means classes at The University of Iowa are back in session. Make sure to make the most out of the spring semester and push yourself to do the best you can in all of your classes. Being back in Iowa City is always an exciting time right after the holidays–  make time to see friends and get aquainted with the city again. While it may be too cold now, one of my favorite things to do in between classes in Iowa City is sit on the Old Capitol steps and people watch. Hopefully, it wont be too long until the warm weather will be here to stay!

Madeline is a sophomore at the University of Iowa majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication and pursuing a certificate in Critical Cultural Competence. When she's not spending countless hours studying you can find her at the local thrift store, texting her friends about her bad luck or at home dancing in the mirror to old Panic! at The Disco songs.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.