8 Times Celebrities Made Sweatshirts A Fashion Statement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

As a college student, I strive to integrate fashion with comfort. Anything that is trendy and cute, but also lecture-worthy (i.e. comfy enough to sit in for an hour) is the perfect type of outfit for me, which is why when the trend of “sweatshirts as fashion statements” arose among the celebrity community, I almost cried tears of joy.

1. Kylie Jenner

Who else were you expecting in this article? 

2. Bella Hadid

Of course a Kardashian bestie would also know how to style a sweatshirt like a pro.

3. Kendall Jenner

We might as well go through the entire family… that crop though! 

4. Shay Mitchell

The queen herself reveals her take on the trend. Well done, well done. 

5. Rihanna

RiRi always knows how to be one of those cool girls. Who else can pair lace up heels and actual lace with a sweatshirt? 

7. Hailey Baldwin

Becase there is nothing more “college” than an oversized sweatshirt with some Tims. Oh, don’t forget the groutfit. She pulls it off pretty well, we must admit.

8. Kourtney Kardashian 

An article that starts with a Jenner has to end with a Kardashian, right? 

Now head off to your next lecture in your oversized sweatshirt and show them how a true collegiette can rock this trend!

Hey, I'm Emma! I’m a lover of writing as much as I am a lover of mochas, breakfast food, and all things striped. As of right now, I am a freshman at the University of Iowa, studying Journalism and Mass Communications.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.