8 Summer Drinks You Need To Make ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

It’s time to mix up your mixed drinks! By this point of the year, chances are you are probably sick of drinking your usual vodka lemonade, gin and tonic or Captain and Coke. Instead, shake it up this summer, and try these fruity ‘n’ boozy concoctions!   

1. Blackberry Lemonade Margaritas

Where are my marg lovers at? This blackberry lemonade margarita is perfect for a happy hour fiesta. 

2. Summer Sangria 

Sit back and relax with a nice tall glass of watermelon and pinnaple sangria on a hot humid summer day. 

3. Blueberry Mojito 

This blueberry mojito is not only insta-worthy but also super easy and fast to make. 

4. Grapefruit Moscow Muels 

These grapefruit moscow mules are bitter-sweet with a kick! 

5. Cucumber Mint Gin Cooler

Cool off from a long day of work and rejuvinate with this cucumber mint gin cooler.

6. Mango Vodka Frozen Cocktail

Pretend you’re at a tropical beach *aka your backyard pool* while sippin’ on this mango vodka frozen cocktail

7. Frozen Rosé

Frosé anyone? Who says slushies are just for little kids… 

8. Strawberry Piña Colata Smoothie 

~If you like piña coladas~… this ones for you.

Whether you’re posted up beach side, lake side, pool side or even porch side, these drinks will refresh you and your squad. It’s five o’clock somewhere, ladies! Drink responsibly!

Photos: cover, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Alyssa Pozen

U Iowa '19

Editor-in-Chief for U Iowa Her Campus. Senior at the University of Iowa studying Journalism and Mass Communication and earning a certificate in Entrepreneurial Management. Obsessed with meme culture, entrepreneurial podcasts and the Real Housewives franchise.
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.