3 Small Things To Get You Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Iowa chapter.

Ah, finals. It’s that time of the year where it’s totally normal to be in any open seat on campus wrapped in a blanket, blasting music and cramming all the information you’ve learned over the past 15 weeks. While it may be one of the most stressful times of the school year, at least there are a few good things that come out of it. 

1. Free food

It’s a wonderful day when you walk into the IMU and see free popcorn, coffee, fruit and snacks. While you’re pulling all-nighters and trying to remember everything you’ve learned this semester, at least you can snack throughout your entire study session. There’s even a free pancake breakfast (and the line isn’t too bad if you get there early enough). 

2. Therapy dogs

Who doesn’t want to play with cute dogs after stressing out and studying like crazy? One of the best things about finals week is the therapy dogs that are brought in for students to spend time with. Whether you’re there for a few minutes or for half an hour, you’ll be able to relax and forget about finals for a while. 

3. Summer is coming!

As soon as finals are over, it’s finally summer! That means no more homework, studying or stress, only relaxation and vacations. Even if you’re suffering through your fourth final of the week, just keep in mind that when you’re done, it’s all sun and fun from then on out!

Though finals week can be tough, just keep in mind it’s only a bi-annual occurence. You’ve got all the knowledge, now it’s time to put it to the test (literally!). You’ll be great! Good luck on your finals, collegiettes!

Photos: cover1, 2, 3

Rachel Green is a senior Journalism and Mass Communication Major at the University of Iowa. She is also earning two minors in Sport and Recreation Management and Spanish and a certificate in Creative Writing. She serves at Her Campus Iowa's Senior Editor, and is a member of Iowa's editorial team. When she's not working on something for Her Campus, she can be found studying in the library, doodling in her sketchbooks or curling up with a cup of tea and a book.  
U Iowa chapter of the nation's #1 online magazine for college women.