Sarah Warkentin: Her Campus at The University of Delaware’s Newest Campus Correspondent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

This week, I had the pleasure of interviewing our soon to be interim Campus Correspondent, Sarah!

Major: Public Policy

Year: Junior/Masters student

Hometown: Whitehouse Statin, NJ

HC: Why did you get involved with Her Campus at UD?

SW: I got involved because my lovely resident Kaylee was restarting the chapter at UD and I wanted to support her and also because it sounded like something up my alley — writing articles for college students and empowering women!

HC: What is your favorite topic to write about?

SW: I like writing comedy articles because I think I’m funny. I want to branch out into more serious topics though too.

HC: What do you want to do in the future career-wise?

SW: I want to work in the government, hopefully one day as a senator. Vote Warkentin 2k-whenever!

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?

SW: I love to dance, watch stand up comedy, comedy films and comedy TV shows!

HC:  What are your goals for your semester as Campus Correspondent?

SW: I would love to keep up Kaylee and Addison’s hard work and help Her Campus grow on campus.

HC: What is the best part about being involved with Her Campus?

SW: The people of course!

Sarah, we are so lucky to have you as part of our team and there’s no one I’d rather hand Her Campus over to for a semester.

Sarah Warkentin

Delaware '20

.
Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.