The Must Have List Of Winter Dage Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

At the University of Delaware, “dage szn” is every season. A “dage” is a day rage, similar to the  “darty” or day party, but not to be confused because dage sounds better. From the hot days of early September to the cold, snowy days in February, students at UD love to dage no matter what the weather is. Here are some of my favorite items for the upcoming winter season that will not only keep me warm as the weather drops, but will also be super cute as well!

1. Blanket Scarf

A blanket scarf (or any scarf) is a necessity in winter. This piece will keep your neck warm from the harsh winds, and who doesn’t like that? Also, it’s like carrying an actual blanket around with you. Plaid ones are my favorite because they can ~spice~ up any outfit!

2. Pom-Pom Beanie

I enjoy the casual Pom Pom beanie because, well, I honestly feel really cool in one. This chunky knit beanie is similar to one I got from Urban Outfitters a couple of years ago. They’re perfect for preventing your ears from falling off in the cold, winter and hiding your messy hair on those days you don’t feel like washing it.

3. Gloves

Honestly, gloves aren’t my favorite thing, but they do keep my hands warm. These are extra thick and warm because of the faux fur lining on the inside, how exciting! Gloves will definitely keep your little fingers nice and toasty while you’re freezing at the dage holding an ice-cold Natty.

4. Over the Knee Boots

Not practical for the snow, but cute. Over-the-knee boots definitely make your outfit look super sassy whether they’re paired with pants or a dress/skirt. Here is a pair of cute ones, but since they’re so trendy right now, you can find them everywhere!

5. Winter Coat

When I was younger I hated wearing a winter coat because I thought I never got cold (I was stupid). Now, I’m a huge fan of this winter staple. There are so many gorgeous ones out there, and I would definitely rather be warm while daging than not. Here are actual photos of Harry Styles and Rihanna sporting some nice winter coats at dages in Delaware!

So whether you’re daging or walking the streets of Newark, these looks can carry you through these brick-cold days of Delaware.

Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda