This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

The Basics

Name: Matt Rojas

Hometown: Commack, NY

School Year: Senior

Major: Economics and Public Policy

Blue Hen Life

Activities/ Sports: Lazarus Rising, Student Government Association, U.S. Marine Corps, Big Brothers Big Sisters (everyone should do this one).

Where we’ll most likely find you on campus: I just move back and forth between the Morris periodicals and the Grottos porch

Advice to Freshmen: Discover what you’re truly passionate about and pursue it with all of your energy. Once you leave college, your opportunities to explore and leave your comfort zone diminish considerably, so do what makes you happy and don’t leave Newark with any regrets.

Favorite place on campus: Trabant as long as I can find someone to sit with.

Best bar on main st: Easily Grottos. You’re always going to see people you know and you can actually talk without screaming over the music.

The Dirty “Deets”

Taken or Single: Single and ready as I’ll ever be to mingle.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Ideal partner: Someone who is intellectually curious, passionate about life, and will tolerate my sarcasm but not reciprocate it proportionally.

Dream Date: We’d go out to a beautiful vineyard where we would drink delicious wine and have really easy flowing conversation that’s full of laughter. Then, we would go to a Michelin star restaurant that had an amazing, intimate aesthetic and eat food that was incredibly satisfying, but not overly filling. After dinner, we would head to the beach and lay on the warm sand stargazing and talking about our dreams. Or, we could just go to Chipotle and then to a bar. Either one works, really.  

Deal Breakers: If a girl starts chewing loudly with her mouth open, I don’t think we can even be friends (same with guys though, to be fair).

What is the first thing you notice in a partner?: Her smile :)

The Fun Stuff

Fun Fact: My dad is from Ecuador, so if you ever want to learn how to salsa or cook rice and beans, I’m your guy.

Hidden Talent: I was actually in my school choir since 4th grade, and can sing reasonably well, but I’ll only do it for girls that I really like.

Guilty Pleasure Song: “One Day More” from the musical Les Miserables. I f**cking love Les Mis and I don’t care who knows it.

Uber or walk?: I’ll walk to class but after 10pm, there is no shot I’m walking anywhere.

Early Bird or Night Owl: I really want to be an early bird, but after 21 years of sleeping through my alarms, I guess I’m a night owl.

Where do you want to be in 5 years?: I want to be surrounded by people that I love and who love me back, doing something that I’m passionate about, and not obese or bald.

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Definitely not dage!!!

One item you can’t live without: My phone.

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?: Right here at the University of Delaware #RollHens

Shout out: Always Mom and Dad, sorry for keeping your otherwise wonderful lives stressful.

Meg is a junior, mass communications major attending the University of Delaware and from a small town in Upstate NY.  She is apart of the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority (shout out), an STN49 News crew member, and the HerCampus UD Cuties/Celebs editor.  Meg is an aspiring Veronica Corningstone/ Olivia Pope and loves meeting new people, daging, and dancing even though she can't!  Always a great day to be a blue hen you know? xoxo gg
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda