This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Meet Ian Anderson, a freshman Math Education major from Bridgewater, New Jersey. Ian is one of only nine freshmen on the Division I ice hockey team here at UD, and in this interview, it’s obvious why. He coins it as one his first passions and promising futures. But what doesn’t immediately strike you about Ian is his love for all things Taylor Swift, and surprising skill as a Rock Band guitarist aficionado. There’s much more than meets the eye for this hockey bro. Intriguing? Read on.   

The Basics

Name: Ian Anderson

Hometown: Bridgewater, New Jersey

School Year: Freshman

Major: Math Education, Secondary Education

Dream Job: Prep school teacher and hockey coach *

Blue Hen Life

Why did you come to UD? For hockey, and the program for my major *

Activities/ Sports:  Division I Club Ice Hockey, Intramural softball  *

Where we’ll most likely find you on campus: Fred Rust Ice Arena *

Advice to Incoming Freshmen: Take advantage of every opportunity because your first year goes by fast

Favorite place on Main St: California Tortilla

Must-Do Before You Finish at UD: Win a national championship for hockey *

The Dirty “Deets”

Relationship Status: Taken

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Ideal Gal: Definitely shorter than me, nice eyes & smile, nice laugh, intriguing, laid-back, and makes me laugh

Dream Date: NHL Game, Rangers vs. Canadians *

Deal Breakers: Cheating or lying

What is the first thing you notice in a girl: Her eyes

The Fun Stuff

Fun Fact: I’ve played hockey since I was 4 *

Hidden Talent: Rock Band guitarist

Favorite Sports Team: The New York Rangers *

Guilty Pleasure Song: Blank Space, Taylor Swift

Early Bird or Night Owl: Night Bird

Favorite band/artist: Taylor Swift

Favorite TV Show: How I Met Your Mother

Favorite thing to do on the weekend: Play hockey *

One item you can’t live without: A comfy bed   

First thing you do in the morning: Take off the covers

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?: Stockholm, Sweden, because it’s where my family is from and I’ve never been there

Shout out: To Mike, my roommate and hometown best friend

COUNT FOR THE TIMES HOCKEY IS MENTIONED: 9

20 on the ice, #1 in our hearts

Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda