Style > Beauty

Experimenting With Bed Head By Tigi Oh Be Hive Dry Shampoo

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

As a college student, I find myself scrambling around and trying to stay on top of things, whether it is through staying at the library until 1am or pumping myself up with upbeat music to get tasks done. By the time I arrive to my dorm room at the end of the day, I find myself practically tied down to the bed. Too tired to do anything, I only take showers when absolutely necessary. At night, my hair may seem fine but when I wake up the next day, I realize that my tired eyes were playing tricks on me and my hair looks absolutely greasy. Safe to say, dry shampoo is now my best friend.

So far, I have tried two brands of dry shampoo. I’ve got to say, Bed Head Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo has been the best one so far! One thing that stands out about this product is its smell. The scent is undescribable other than that it smells amazing. I am not alone in this. I’ve looked reviews on this product and by far, most people rave about this product mostly because of its fragrance. Of course, it also does a decent job at its main purpose, which is to soak up excess oil.

Upon further research, I have uncovered information that the fragrance is Vanilla Thriller and that the cost varies around $18. Because of its smell and cost, you have got to make the best out of this product! Hence, here are ideas gathered from internet on how to use this dry shampoo (along with other dry shampoos in general) for things other than its main usage on oily hair.

1. Cover your roots: since dry shampoo can come in different colors, you can spray it on your roots as a touch-up.

2. Freshen up your sneakers: because sweat is one of the main reasons why your sneakers smell, you can lightly spray on your shoes’ soles and leave them to dry overnight for fresh smelling sneakers the following morning.

3. Dry your hands: in the summer, sweaty hands are more likely to be a problem. To quickly fix this annoyance, rub dry shampoo onto your hands.

4. Keep yourself smelling good: if you can spray it onto your hands, you may as well spray it on your feet to keep that perspiration smell away!

5. Use it as deodorant: if you run out of deodorant, fear not, dry shampoo can be your savior!

6. Add extra volume to your hair: if you don’t have time to blow-dry your hair, a quick dry shampoo spraying session can be a temporary fix.

7. Get rid of static: if you notice that your clothes are staticy and your dry shampoo is clear, feel free to spray it onto your clothes.

8. Keep your curls from sticking together: if you run into the issue of your curls getting stuck together, spray dry shampoo onto your hair to prevent running into this problem.

9. Make your eyebrows thicker: sprinkle a little bit of dry shampoo onto your fingers and rub it onto your eyebrows.

10. Get rid of oily stains: if you noticed that you spilled some grease onto your shirt, spray some dry shampoo onto your stain before you clean it with soap and water.

Spray away, collegiates!

She is currently a junior double majoring in Human Services- Clinical Studies Concentration and Sociology as well as minoring in Sexualities & Gender Studies at University of Delaware. She is actively involved in Alpha Phi Omega, ASL club, Zumba club and Friends for Friends. In her free time, she likes to blast music, dance crazily, act like a fool, pet dogs and look at trees.
Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.