Style > Beauty

Dont Stay In The Shadows, Instead Wear Them: Take A Look At Almay’s NEW Shadow Squad Eyeshadows!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

I had the pleasure of covering Almay’s NEW Shadow Squad Eyeshadow and I feel so blessed!

I love makeup. Even though I am not a professional or anywhere near great at doing makeup, I still like to experiment with it. That being said, I am of average skill which means that anyone could mimic my looks.

I used three of the MANY pallets we received: Ambition, The World Is My Oyster and Thrill Seeker.

Each is equally beautiful. What’s great about these pallets is that they each have 4 colors in them. There are two matte and two shimmery. They are all perfectly corresponded shades as well. The shimmery have loose sparkles in them which I love because you can dust them over your final look.

I also love the pigments. While they are not Tarte or Urban Decay, they are definitely the cream of the crop for the drugstore world. The pigment is absolutely perfect. It’s not over kill, yet it’s still enough to get the job done without primer. They go on smooth as well.

I decided that I wanted to explore a night time party look. Applying these colors, I used Ambition for my crease, along with some Thrill Seeker. I then pulled Thrill Seeker down under my eye to my lower lash line for an added bold look. Lastly, I used The World Is My Oyster on my eyelid and the lightest shade in it for my highlighting color on my inner creases and under my brow.

(keep in mind my hair looks wretched in these pictures…but curled or straightened hair would have completed the look. I was also tired and the lighting sucked. Don’t harshly judge me haha).

Almay’s Shadow Squad Pallets are the best bang for your buck if you want a beautiful look, day or night! #AlmayReveal #ShadowSquad

Addison Reich is a lively, fun and energetic girl of 21 years old. She is a Junior Psychology major with a Minor in Health & Wellness at the University of Delaware. Ad started as Udel's junior editor, but has since worked her way to becoming their Co-CC! Addison loves to write articles about personal experience and opinion. She transferred from a different university in the fall of her sophomore year, leaving behind a volleyball scholarship, but not her passion for sports, as she is working on becoming a sports psychologist. She also loves hunting, singing and Taylor Swift. If you notice, it's her token to add a picture of Swift in every header of her articles. Keep on the lookout for the next one!