Devin Toledo, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.
Major: Exercise Science (Pre-Med)

Grade: Junior 

Relationship Status: Taken

HerCampus UD: What makes you different from other Delaware guys?

Devin Toledo: I would like to think of myself as a unique guy. I have a pretty diverse friend group and I get along with almost everyone I meet. I am in both a social and special interest fraternity and I am also apart of other different groups on campus. What makes me different from other guys on campus is that I am really into service and fundraising. I am a UDance representative and Co-Philanthropy chair for my fraternity, a treasurer in a newly created RSO, and a frequent volunteer at the local hospital. I don’t consider myself your typical run of the mill frat guy. 

HCUD: What is something on your bucket list?
DT: This might sound a little cliche, but I have always wanted to skydive. I don’t have a fear of heights and I think the thrill would be unlike anything else. 

HCUD: Embarrassing story:
DT: When I was in middle school, I asked a girl out on a date. On my way walking to pick her up, a car splashed me with street water and completely soaked my pants, shoes, and socks. Without hesitating, I turned back around and went home. Since this was before I owned a cell phone, I didn’t even bother letting her know I wasn’t coming to pick her up. The next day at school she called me out in front of all of her friends. I couldn’t have been more embarrassed. 

HCUD: Describe your dream girl.
DT: Besides being physically attractive, my dream girl is someone who is adventurous and spontaneous. A girl that loves life and can make me laugh is always a great thing. She also has to be supportive in everything that I do and unconditionally love me for my many flaws that I have. 

HCUD: Most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
DT: I think that hand written letters are a really romantic gesture that not many guys take advantage of. It shows that you are thinking about her enough to write her a love letter. I have sent quite a few of these coupled with flowers and other items that means something to our relationship. 

HCUD: Favorite song?
DT: My favorite song is “Fix You” by Coldplay. Besides just being such a great song to listen to, I appreciate the meaning that it has to the writer. The lyrics make it very relatable.

HCUD: What are your guilty pleasures?
DT: My biggest guilty pleasure is definitely sleeping completely through the morning and into the afternoon. This goes along with my other guilty pleasure, staying up until the darkest hour of the night. 

HCUD: What is the first thing you notice in a girl?
DT: I appreciate a girl who dresses well. In my opinion, that is the number one thing a girl can do to make a good impression about herself. Many girls might not think so, but guys definitely take notice when a girl puts time into her outfit. 

What a guy! Know someone you think we should feature next? Let us know @hcudel on Twitter, Her Campus University of Delaware on Facebook, or email us at hercampusudel@gmail.com!

HCXO

Sara studies at the University of Delaware (go blue hens!), and absolutely loves it. She is currently studying communications and english with a professional writing concentration. and is fostering a developing interest in public relations after having been introduced to the field through the Public Relations Student Society of America at UD. That has inspired her to concentrate in public relations in the future, though she is a firm believer in getting a well-rounded education and taking a bunch of classes in various subjects. Wherever her education takes her, Sara has always had a passion for writing and will continue her writing in any way possible throughout the remainder of her college years and beyond! Born in New York City, she appreciates and is preparing for the fast paced lifestyle of a city girl, but enjoys the more relaxed nature of her hometown on the Jersey Shore (though she is not affiliated in any way with the cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore). Only minutes from the beach, Sara tries not to take the beautiful atmosphere for granted. Similarly, she tries not to take anything else in her life for granted, and in this sense, prides herself on her strong work ethic. She believes that when life gets tough, it’s only because something great is on the horizon. She adores music, her family and friends, movies, writing, magazines, and travel. Sara cannot wait to see what else college has in store for her, and is ready to take more risks and live with no regrets. She is beyond thrilled to be part of the Her Campus team, and looks forward to writing and editing content that focuses on an audience of college women dedicated to achieving their aspirations.