11 Halloween Costumes Inspired By Your Favorite Film and Television Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Halloweekend is quickly approaching us. With so many costumes to choose from, finding the perfect one can be a bit overwhelming. Here’s a few characters that you can find costume inspiration from.

1. Sandy from Grease

Name a more iconic movie moment than when Sandy shows up to the carnival as a Greaser chick. I’ll wait… This costume is sure to be a showstopper. Go out there and find your Danny Zuko!

2. Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad

This one is the perfect combination of cute and hardcore. You’ll get a chance to show your wild side in this edgy costume.

3. Elle Woods from Legally Blonde

We already know that Elle Woods embodies our student goals and our career goals. Why not let her be this year’s costume goals as well? Bunny suit or stylish lawyer, it’s up to you.

4. Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell

Kelly Kapowski was every 90’s boy’s dream girl. She’s sweet, smart, and stunning…just like you! Show a little Bayside spirit in this totally rad costume.

5. Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Looking to emulate some classic Hollywood glamour this year? What better way to do so than by dressing up as Audrey Hepburn’s most iconic character.

6. Cher from Clueless

As if! It’s time to break out that yellow plaid and brush up on your 90’s slag. Cher is the perfect costume for anyone looking for a blast from the past.

7. Regina George from Mean Girls

Whether you love her or you love to hate her, we all know that the world revolves around Regina George. Portraying her this Halloween is sure to make you the center of attention.

8. Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz

Dorothy is one of the most iconic characters in cinematic history. She was fearless and friendly, which are traits that every girl strives to embody. Plus, the girl gives us all a major dose of shoe envy.

9. Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl

Who doesn’t want to be Queen B, at least for one night? Whether you spend the holiday with your minions or with your Chuck Bass, you’re sure to feel nothing shy of fierce is this costume.

10. Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City

With so many memorable outfits to choose from, it’s not hard to portray Carrie Bradshaw this Halloween. Whether you go for a bold outfit or the classic dress from the opening credits, the choices are endless. Note: Manolo Blahniks optional.

11. Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls

This costume is sure to get a lot of compliments with the new Gilmore Girls reboot coming to Netflix in November. Be sure to get your fill of coffee and Pop Tarts in order to properly channel Stars Hollow’s sweetheart.

Marisa Wanzie is an undergraduate student at the University of Delaware. She studies Media Communication with minors in Advertising and Art History. She is currently working towards a career that will utilize her passions for social media management, event coordination, and her love of all things Disney. In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling, attending concerts, and watching reruns of One Tree Hill. She can almost always be found at either the nearest art museum or the nearest beach. You can follow Marisa's tweets as a Social Media Ambassador for the University of Delaware at @BlueHenMarisa. For more of Marisa's credentials, please visit: http://marisawanzie.wixsite.com/portfolio or www.linkedin.com/in/marisawanzie
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda