Why I Won’t Be Buying From the Kim Kardashian & Kylie Cosmetic’s Collab

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It was recently announced that Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner are doing a collab, and you know your girl was freaking out. I love Kim’s style the most, and we all know that her makeup is always on point. Since I am an avid Keeping Up With the Kardashians fan, and have been for a while, I had a feeling that Kim would most likely go with nude lipstick colors. What I didn’t expect is how light those shades were going to be.

One thing I have always enjoyed about the Kylie Cosmetics makeup line is how diverse the collection truly is. There honestly is a shade for everyone, and whenever Kylie releases new makeup, she makes sure that there is at least one product for every skin tone. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case for the KKW x Kylie Cosmetics Collab.

Here are the shades:

And here is my skintone:

Kind of like how this doesn’t make sense:

But that was covered in another article.

Now I’m not saying these shades aren’t amazing, I’m just saying it would be even more amazing if they could be worn by people of ALL skintones. Maybe we’ll get some luck if there’s a Kourtney-Kylie collab. 

Cover Image Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.