The Ultimate UConn Senior Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It all started three years ago. We moved into our first college dorms, went through the awkward stages of strangers to besties with your roommate(s) and eventually learned where everything was on campus. We discovered the beautiful first taste of wings on a drunken night, and the luxury of our awesome Animal Science program blessing us with some of the best ice cream in the area. We have learned that Student IDs on a lanyard make for no fashion statement and that Thursday nights are designated Nickel Nights.

We have stormed the court in Gampel celebrating two Women’s Basketball Championships and one Men’s Basketball championship. While there is so much we have overcome and had the opportunity to experience while students at UConn, there is still so much more we have not had the chance of getting around to. So, Class of 2015, take a look at this compiled list and get busy and motivated to embrace each last moment and chance you have as a student here at UConn.

1.     Rub the nose of the Jonathan Husky Statue

2.     Watch the sunrise and/or sunset on Horse Barn Hill

3.     Try the “Senior Scoop” at the Dairy Bar

4.     Participate in HuskyThon

5.     Paint “The Rock”

6.     Get a breakfast sandwich at one of the food trucks on campus

7.     Attend Midnight Breakfast

8.     Get a picture with the real Jonathan (Not the Statue)

9.    Attend One Ton Sundae

10.  Sled down Horsebarn Hill

11.  Play Basketball in Gampel

12.  Participate in a UConn Charity Event/Volunteer for the Community

13.  Sing Karaoke at Ted’s

14.  Eat at every place in the Student Union

15.  Ice Skate on a campus pond

16.  Participate in Oozeball

17.  Take a class in a subject you have never studied

18.  Get a sober ride…with a delivery driver

19.  Go Rock Climbing in the Gym

20.  Run a 5k on Campus

21.  Start a chant at a UConn sporting event

22.  Take an exercise class you have never taken before at BodyWise

23. Play on an intramural team for a sport you have never played before, or a sport you do not play that often

24.  Take a picture with the Jonathan the Husky Statue in your cap and gown