emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ultimate Christmas Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

As sad as we are to see Thanksgiving go, it means we are that much closer to everyone’s favorite holiday – Christmas! There’s nothing like the holiday season, spending time with family and friends, watching holiday movies, drinking hot chocolate by the fire, eating tons of great food and enjoying a much needed break from school. Even though we love the holidays for all of these reasons, if we’re being honest, waking up Christmas morning to the perfect gift can make the day that much better. Finding the perfect gift for someone can be a difficult, daunting task however, so here is the guide to the ultimate Christmas available this year.

1. Kylie Cosmetics Holiday Collection

If you are a Kylie Cosmetics fangirl, such as myself, this needs to be at the very top of your Christmas list. The 2016 holiday collection was revealed on November 16th over Snapchat and it is #beautiful. She’s bringing back minis (two new exclusive shades) and she has five exclusive lipstick/ornament hybrids that you can hang on your tree (!!), a four-set of new lip colors, a new silver makeup bag, three new jewel-toned cream shadows to go with a gorgeous smokey-eye exclusive holiday Kyshadow palette (complete with a mirror), and her first set of brushes. The big-ticket item this Christmas is the boxed set, which for a little under $300 comes with all of the holiday products, as well an exclusive white Kyliner, and some extra lip products (like the shade Okurr from the KoKo Kollection). All the products have embedded diamond powder and are wrapped in the most stunning packaging, you might not even want to use them.

2. iPhone 7

All of us iPhone users love to have the most recent model. Aside from just being the newest model, the $650 iPhone 7 introduces a fancy new low-light camera, longer battery life, the best screen display, and even stereo speakers. If you want to upgrade your Insta game or bring a new aspect to how you bump music, this may be the perfect gift for you.

3. Adidas YEEZY BOOST 350 V2

There’s no doubt that Adidas x Kanye is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on the $220 350 V2s, you must do this. The new design is utterly innovative; as beautiful as the original 350s are, these are the shoes of the future. In red, green, and copper, these new BOOSTs introduce a pop of color while still being neutral enough to wear regularly. In other words, they are fuegs and would make any Kanye fan/sneaker aficionado the happiest person in the world this Christmas. 

4. Fujifilm Instax camera

In the age of Instagram, what’s cooler than an iPhone shot of an instant print photograph? Fujifilm Instax cameras come in a variety of pastel colors, models, and prices. Instax cameras aren’t only just for the Gram; you can print pictures out to decorate, scrapbook or give to your friends – perfect for capturing the holidays! 

5. Fitbit Flex 2

This new model of Fitbit is ideal for those of us who need a little bit of help organizing our life, all for under $100. With a sleek new model and four colors, Flex 2 will link smart phone notifications, track sleep, exercise, and even remind you to move – perfect for the UConn student who spends hours on end in Homer B. Added bonus: this gift is something that your loved one can use every day and will constantly be reminded of how awesome you are for getting it for them. 

6. Michael Kors Access Watch

For those of us who aren’t about the aesthetic of Fitbit, this is a similar, but more fashionable, option. Complete with smartphone linking, activity tracking and extended battery life, you will never have to sacrifice style for technology again. Access watches come in a variety of customizable faces and straps and are priced anywhere from $100-$600.

7. Bose QuietComfort 25

For those music fiends that love to drown out every single outside noise, these are the best headphones in the game. They are super comfortable and have a 35-hour battery life. What’s really cool about this model as opposed to the 15 model that it replaces is that even if the battery dies, the music continues until you can recharge for optimal sound quality. For $200, these awesome headphones will transform your music-listening experience. 

8. Puppy

You’re lying if you’ve never had the fantasy of waking up Christmas morning to a little ball of fluff attacking your face. There are so many ways to obtain a puppy and for many different prices. If you decide to go this route, adopting a dog would be great and would definitely be the most iconic Christmas gift ever for the recipient.

9. Tickets! 

Whether it be tickets to the theater, a concert, or some foreign destination, giving your loved one the means to experience one of their favorite things is a timeless gift. The price range is extremely broad and you can really personalize and fine-tune this gift to the person you have in mind.

10. A boyfriend

Boys are awesome, I’ll admit it. This Christmas, why not get your friends or family members a #mancrusheveryday? They’re super easy to access, at a variety of price points and custom models. Snag your tomboy friend a sporty, goofy boy, your girly friend a complete Prince Charming, and your crazy friend a cute, timid counterpart. Just in time for cuffing season – which I know we all hate being single for – I’m sure this unique gift will be a hit. 

Hopefully this ultimate gift guide comes in handy this holiday season. But remember, gift-giving is not what the holidays are all about – make sure to spend some quality time with the ones you love and eat lots of great food, too! 

Image source