UConn Women’s Basketball Collaborating With HBO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

UConn Athletics announced that the UConn Women’s Basketball team will be the stars of their own HBO unscripted series. HBO Sports will be teaming up with IMG’s Original Content unit to follow the story of the ladies’ 2016-2017 season as they fight for their fifth consecutive and twelfth national championship. It’s about time that these women are being recognized for their dominance, am I right?

The series will be titled UConn Huskies: The March to Madness. It will follow the hard work the women put in throughout the season and give a behind the scenes look into of the life of a UConn basketball player. Viewers will be able to feel connected to the players as they watch their personalities and practices unfold throughout the program.

UConn Huskies: The March to Madness debuts with a special hour-long episode on Wednesday, March 1st at 10 p.m, and will continue being aired in half-hour episodes every following Wednesday.  

UConn Women’s Basketball head coach Geno Auriemma told the CT Post, “We are absolutely thrilled to be involved in this project. Knowing the kind of high-quality content that is showcased by HBO, I am already looking forward to watching the first episode. This offers a tremendous opportunity for a lot of people to get an inside look at our university and to see just what goes into building a championship team.”

I’m not sure about you, but I have already cleared my schedule for March 1st! We can’t wait to cheer the Huskies on for the rest of their season.  

Cover Image Source

Just a broke girl with a concert addiction.