This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The 2017 Grammy nominations have come out! Artists such as Beyoncé, Adele, Kanye, and Chance the Rapper are leading the pack, and while we’re super excited to see who takes home those awards, there were a few artists that didn’t quite get the recognition they deserved. Here are the top 5 most snubbed for the Grammy’s this year:

1. One Direction

The boy band has continuously been snubbed by the Grammys over the course of their six year career. While no one was expecting an Album of the Year nomination for Made in the A.M., a Song or Record of the Year nomination for either Perfect or Drag Me Down would have made sense.

2. Sia

While Sia did manage to come away with three nominations, her two biggest songs of the year, Cheap Thrills and The Greatest, didn’t gain nominations for Song or Record of the Year categories.

3. Calvin, Rihanna, and Taylor

It’s obvious that This is What You Came For was a huge summer hit. While Rihanna was honored with eight nominations, it’s a big surprise that neither her, Calvin Harris, or T Swift were nominated for their chart topping single for Song of the Year.

4. The Weeknd

While the Weeknd’s new album didn’t qualify for nominations, the titular single Starboy certainly did. It’s a shock that a song that’s topped the charts was snubbed so harshly, especially considering the Weeknd’s huge success over the past year.

5.  David Bowie

Perhaps the biggest surprise was the omission of the late David Bowie’s posthumous Blackstar from the Album of the Year category. While he did walk away with four other nominations, it’s a shame that the Recording Academy didn’t put his newest album in the running.

Cover Image Source