The Stages of Having a Crush as told by Geno Auriemma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

We’ve all been there and we all know that feeling: suddenly the person across the row from you in lecture isn’t just a random person.

You realize it’s happening and you’re developing feelings. 

You have… a crush.

Luckily for you, everyone understands what this is like and thus begins the agonizing stages of having a crush. Here to help us understand our emotions is the one and only, Geno Auriemma.  Because even he, too, understands what it is like.

1. You’ve acknowledged it.  You’ve realized you have feelings, and now you just can’t stop staring at them in lecture.

2. You get a little (actually very) angry when you see another person sit next to them or try to flirt with them.

3. You keep imagining that one of these days you’ll be together.

4. When you see him or her in public, you try to secretly point them out to your friends.

5. When you start talking to them on a regular basis, you’re on Cloud 9.

6. When they start telling you more personal things about their life and it’s obvious they trust you.

7. You start to think that you are literally perfect for each other.

8. No matter what they say they’re looking for, you know you’ve got it.  For example:

• Them: I’m looking for someone fun
  • You:

• Them: Someone accomplished
  • You:

• Them: A jack-of-all-trades
  • You:

• Them: Someone distinguished
  • You:

9. If you think they might be catching feelings for someone else, you’re like:

10. Then you realize it’s probably time to tell them how you feel.

We know love can be a tricky thing, collegiettes, but stay strong!  And remember, Coach Auriemma always has your back.

Cover Image Source

Amanda is a senior Journalism and Communication double-major with a minor in English. Aside from writing, she loves reading, spending time with family and friends, and making videos. If you can’t find her, she’s probably at the beach. Someday, she hopes to be a director and writer for TV/Film and spend all of her free time traveling. But for now, you can read her articles on Her Campus UConn.