Spotify and Hulu Joined Forces and I Cannot Contain My Excitement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Starting this semester, Spotify and Hulu joined together to provide one of the best deals for students that I have seen in my time on this campus.

For those who might not know, Spotify is one of the many companies who offers discounts to us poor college folk by cutting their price for a premium account in half. Instead of paying $9.99 a month for no ads and the ability to play music offline, students only have to pay $4.99.

For some of us, that still might not seem like it’s worth the price. However, a recent turn of events might just be enough to sway your opinion. Now you can get Spotify and Hulu for the price of one!

Instead of paying $9.99 a month for Spotify and $7.99 a month for Hulu because, let’s face it, the season of buying textbooks and access codes has wreaked havoc on our bank accounts, you can get access to both for just $4.99 a month, essentially making Hulu a complementary service. And if there’s one thing college students love more than student discounts, it’s when we can get things for free.

The amount of shows you can watch instead of studying for your exams has just doubled in size. Rather than being limited to solely the options of Netflix, you now can binge so many forgotten shows that it simply doesn’t have.

Hulu holds the key to watching some of your (or, at least my) favorite comedies once more in high definition. No more scouring the internet to find episodes of cancelled shows like Drake & Josh, Smallville, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Seinfeld, Full House and Golden Girls or the newest episodes of current shows like Bob’s Burgers, Rick & Morty, The Mindy Project, and The Mick. Hulu also has an arsenal of reality TV shows, like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Project Runway, and Desperate Housewives, their own original productions, such as The Handmaid’s Tale and Freakish, fantastic movies like Sleepover, Freaky Friday, Legally Blonde and Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and so many more.

Brb, I have to decide which show to start with.

Cover Image Source

Kathryn is a junior undergraduate at the University of Connecticut, studying Communication with a minor in Marketing. She holds the position of Twitter chair for her chapter's Twitter account.