Seven Reasons to Love Hilary Duff

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Hilary Duff has been by our side and inspiring us since our preteen days. She’s helped us get through awkward middle school encounters, inspired us to travel, and stood by the side of our favorite onscreen cuties. Here are a few reasons why Hilary Duff is so lovable.

1.  Wendy the Good Little Witch

Remember that time she teamed up with Casper the friendly ghost to defeat an evil warlock and prove to their family that ghosts and witches can be friends? This was Hilary’s first major movie role.

2.  Figuring it out with Lizzie McGuire

During the good ole days of Disney Channel, we followed Lizzie & Miranda on their mishaps and misadventures throughout middle school. I think we can all relate to the dread of picture day and buying our first bra.

3.  Finding what dreams are made of in Rome

I know I’m not the only one that sang that song (possibly out loud) while throwing a coin into the Trevi Fountain. And pretending to be an Italian pop star might’ve made the gelato a bit sweeter.

4.  Why not take a crazy chance

Sure, all Disney stars take their chance at breaking out into the music business but Hilary hit success with “Why Not?” and “Metamorphosis,” not to mention the opening theme song to MTV’s My Super Sweet Sixteen. After taking a break to focus on motherhood, Hilary is finally releasing new music!

5. Sister, sister

Hilary and her sister, Haylie, are uber close and spread that love all over social media. They hang out all the time and have even created music and starred in a movie together, check out “Material Girls” for some sister fun.

6.  Little Luca

Hilary gave birth to her adorable son, Luca, three years ago. She constantly shares sweet snaps of Luca, who is soon going to be an older cousin to Haylie’s daughter, due in less than a month.

7.  She’s basically a mermaid

While on vacation last month, Hilary impulsively decided to die her hair a glamorous aquamarine color, inspiring collegiettes everywhere to be true to ourselves and let our personalities shine through!

Currently a senior at the University of Connecticut, Grace McMorrow is pursuing a degree in Journalism and Communications.  From a young age she could be found sitting in a comfy corner devouring a book or filling up a journal and her love of words has only grown with age. She's learned to embrace her awkward, quirky nature once she learned being like Mia Thermopolis or Jessica Day isn't all that bad. Grace tends to spend her free time staying up to date on pop culture, obsessing over fictional characters, and daydreaming about her next faraway travel destination.