Our Best Celebrity Encounters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Most of us have that one superstar whose favorite color we know, their whole relationship history, and other random facts about them. Our favorite celebrities (cough cough Ryan Gosling) are often in their Hollywood bubble and we can only dream of ever meeting them. So many thoughts run through your mind if you’re lucky enough to have an encounter. Check out some of the UConn Her Campus members’ best celebrity encounters!

“I met Drew Barrymore at baby group yoga at a park in Nantucket when I was going to breakfast with my grandma and cousin. I was walking by a gazebo stage that all these moms, dads, and their babies were on, and one woman turned to look as we walked by.  As she turned she did a little smile and in my head I was like, “Oh, that’s Drew Barrymore,” all casual and then I started low-key freaking out because it was Drew Barrymore, and the smile was the trademark side smile she always does. I had to wait until we were farther away to tell my cousin because she would’ve really freaked out, but later we went over to say hi (we waited until she wasn’t with her kids because we didn’t want to bother her when she was with her kids). She was literally so tiny and short which, for some reason, I didn’t expect but anyways, she was incredibly nice. She let us take photos with her and also said she had the same Jack Wills sweater my cousin was wearing and I’m pretty sure my cousin teared up a bit.”- Nikki H.

*  *  *

“When I was 14, I was at a baseball game in Florida (which is where most northern teams do spring training). I saw CC Sabathia, pitcher for the Yankees, watching the game and went over to say hi and he signed my leg cast.” – Jackie N.

*  *  *

“I met JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff at Mohegan Sun after they won Dancing With the Stars, but it was a meet and greet which is not too amazing [of an encounter]. I also met Olivia Holt in an elevator at the Memphis Bass Pro Shop; she’s a Disney star and the kids I babysit for love her.” – Emily W.

*  *  *

“I technically met Neil Patrick Harris last summer. My uncle has a house in the Hamptons and we go to visit every summer. One day my cousins and aunt and uncle and I were grocery shopping and my cousin Matt came up to me really casual and was like, ‘Lauren, be cool, but is that Neil Patrick Harris?’ and so I was like the opposite of cool and yelled ‘OMGITSNEILPATRICKHARRIS’ and then ran out of the store really embarrassed with my cousins. So then, my aunt and uncle were like, ‘What’d you guys do?’ and we were like, ‘No, no, no, we just saw NPH,’ and they were like, ‘Okay sure,’ but sure enough, NPH comes walking out in his sunglasses with his groceries and we all just kind of awkwardly waved.” – Lauren O.

*  *  *

“During the summer after 9th grade, my dad’s friend who worked in the music business had tickets to a Selena Gomez concert that he gave to my dad for my sister and I. Somehow, we didn’t realize until like a week or so before the concert that the tickets included meet and greet access and were in the 2nd row!!! We got to talk to Selena and get a picture with her… she was the sweetest person! And then during the concert, she touched our hands a few times since we were right under the stage! Not a crazy story but definitely a really cool experience that we were super lucky to have for free!” – Maggie L. 

*  *  *

“I saw Emblem3 but I yelled at Wesley, “DREW!! DREW! CAN I HAVE A HUG?” and he wasn’t answering me so I thought he was being rude and then he turned to me and said, “Uh, are you talking to me?” Literally wth, Lex.” – Lexi F.

*  *  *

“[I] don’t know if any of you are fans, but I love Joshua Radin (amazing singer, check him out!) and a few years ago I met him after this small show he did in Boston. He was so kind and called me ‘darlin’ and I swear to God guys, I almost threw up all over his body.” – Olivia P.

*  *  *

“I met Chloe Grace Moretz at the Democratic National Convention! I served her coffee. Well, she asked for coffee and I was like, “Only if I can get a picture with you…” lol. I also met Kelly Ripa at Salon at the Ritz! Right in Voorhees! SOUTH JERSEY GIRLS REPRESENT.” – Callie L.

*  *  *

*Submissions have been lightly edited for clarification.

Images courtesy of Nikki H. & Olivia P. , Cover Image Source

Alexis Angelini is a fourth-year student studying English and Communication. When not working as a Social Media Content Producer, Alexis is heavily involved on campus. She currently serves as the President of UConn Yoga Sangha, the Marketing Director of Her Campus UConn, as well as a Peer Educator in S.H.A.P.E. Her love and interest for social media is reflected in her experience, as she has worked with brands such as Aerie, Rent the Runway, Hallmark, Neutrogena, The Economist, Uber, etc. Her social media experience has helped start-ups to Forbes-featured businesses to Fortune 500 companies with their social media.