This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Whether you enjoy football or not, every Husky loves to show off their school spirit. Maybe you go just to tailgate, or maybe it’s because you feel like you are a part of something bigger than yourself when you wear your blue and white. Either way, football season is the perfect excuse to spend time with some friends and soak up a few more rays before winter comes, so make sure you do it right! Follow these six steps to perfectly prep like a Husky:

1) If you’re like most Huskies, you don’t get much sleep before a game, so start your morning off right with some coffee, tea, or a bagel; anything you need to prepare yourself for a long day of cheering!

2) Throw on your best UCONN gear, and don’t be afraid to spice things up with some eye black or paw prints!

3) Grab your girls and catch a ride at least an hour before the game to get in some tailgate time. Surround yourself with your fellow Huskies, there’s no better way to get you more excited about the game!

4) What is tailgating without food?? Burgers, hot dogs, and chips oh my!

5) You may have to stop and take a selfie..or two!

6)Finally, grab a seat in the student section and take in the amazing view. Prepare those feet of yours for standing the entire game, clear your throat(we want to hear you chanting louder than the other team!), and make sure you do not sit behind someone taller than you¾everyone deserves some time to show off their best moves on the big screen!