The Most Dreaded Questions That Will Be Asked At The Thanksgiving Table

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Thanksgiving means a few things: the record for the most amount of calories consumed in the shortest time period, a few days away from the books and quality time with family and friends. If you are coming home from college for Thanksgiving break, get ready for less eating and more questions answering. I’m warning you now: go buy a plain white T-shirt and write “I don’t want to talk about college on it,” because you won’t only be sick to your stomach after eating one too many servings of stuffing, but it will also turn when you are forced to tell your entire family tree that you do not have any post-graduation plans and will not be walking down the aisle anytime soon. My best advice? Just stay cool, calm and collected and smile the entire time. 

1.     How’s school? Do you still like it there? How’s your roomate?

2.    Do you have a boyfriend? What happened to that guy you brought to Thanksgiving last year?

3.     Are you excited to graduate college? How do you feel about it? These last four years really flew.

4.     What are your plans for after you graduate? Do you have a job lined up?

5.     How are your grades? What is your GPA going to be this semester?

6.     How much money have you spent so far this semester? Should you be worrying about getting a job over Christmas break?