Holy Throwback: A List of 40 Throwback Songs to Pump Up Your Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

With the holiday season starting, everyone is facing the same struggle: how can I eat what I want and simultaneously not gain any weight? 

This leads to the all-too-familiar promise to try a new workout.  Starting to work out, especially if you haven’t done it in a while, can be difficult.  If you don’t have a playlist that gets you pumped it’s essentially impossible.

How about a blast from the past?  It’s been a while, so you’ve probably forgotten about some of the former chart-toppers that your middle/high school self used to get down to.  Here is a list of songs college women said they still enjoy listening to to get pumped up before working out.

Check out this playlist to find some old songs to add to your new workout:  
(All of the songs can be found in a Spotify playlist below.)

Believe it or not, that’s a condensed version of the list of songs collegiete women came up with.  Comment below if you’d like to see a Throwback Songs: Part Two!

Check out the playlist on Spotify below: 

Amanda is a senior Journalism and Communication double-major with a minor in English. Aside from writing, she loves reading, spending time with family and friends, and making videos. If you can’t find her, she’s probably at the beach. Someday, she hopes to be a director and writer for TV/Film and spend all of her free time traveling. But for now, you can read her articles on Her Campus UConn.