samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Finals Week As Told By Disney Channel Throwbacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

It’s just around the corner.  It’s unavoidable.  It’s dreaded by college students nation wide.  Like it or not, finals week is almost here.  We can all pretty much agree that the only good thing about that stressful week is that when it finally ends, we get a nice long break from assignments, equations and exams.  Here is what the average UConn student’s finals week will look like (as told by our favorite Disney Channel throwback characters to make it a little less painful).

It’s the beginning of the week and finals have nothing on you! 

But then you check your syllabi and realize how many pages in your textbooks you have to read in just a few days. 

On second thought… 

When you check your email there’s a lovely letter from your boss reminding you that all students are required to work the same amount of hours during exam week and you’re just sitting there like: 

When the morning of your first exam arrives, you dress extra nice with hopes that it might help you do better.

While leaving the exam and trying to understand how it actually could have been that hard after you studied all of the material, you overhear someone loudly announcing that it was the easiest thing ever.  Were you seriously just taking the same test?!

That dressing great idea was good in theory but by the time your third exam rolls around, you’re showing up in the same old T shirt and sweatpants that you wore to the second one.  But it’s fine because everyone will be too focused on the exam to notice, right? 

Sometime around the middle of the week (and probably late at night) you have your first mental breakdown.  You’re not even entirely sure why but suddenly the tears just won’t stop. 

You decide to just go to bed and end up dreaming about the days when you actually had the time to eat, sleep and talk to people (aka last week). 

But all too soon your alarm is ringing and it’s time to wake up.  Your messed up sleep schedule during finals makes the entire week feel like: 

At least it’s pretty much a rule that you can eat what you want without guilt during finals week. 

The only problem is, you know, actually finding the time to eat. 

You casually check HuskyCT and notice that one of your exam grades has already been posted!  You’re too scared to look so you spend a good 5 minutes staring at the screen, trying to muster up the courage to click. 

You finally click on the grade but quickly regret it after seeing that you didn’t do as well as you hoped. 

Why and how were you so confident back on Monday morning?! 

You recount to one of your friends all of the painful details of the tragedy that was finding out your first exam grade. 

But they are so stressed with their own finals that they don’t exactly respond with the sympathy that you were looking for… 

You don’t have time to dwell on it too much anyway because you have to go to work and make it back in time to cram for your chem exam in the two hours left before you have to take it. 

Just as you’re beginning to wonder if this is all ever going to end… 

The morning of your last exam arrives and you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

You’re so relieved to have filled in that last bubble that you can’t help but celebrate a little (only to be glared at by all of your classmates who are still taking the test). 

But you find your best friend after the exam and the two of you celebrate having conquered finals. 

Finals week may be rough, but at least all of us UConn students are going through the same thing. 

Good luck on finals collegiettes!

Cover Image Source