Exercises You Can Do At Home To Avoid The Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The clock strikes 7:00 AM and your alarm starts going off. How nice of your ‘last night self’ to be looking out for your ‘this morning self’ by setting your alarm to get you to the gym before starting your busy day. You drag yourself out of bed, splash some cold water on your face, mentally talk yourself into putting one foot in front of the other to get to the gym and as soon as you finally enter- BAM. You suddenly realize you were not the only one who had the same New Years resolution to wake up early and workout. The gym is swamped with people everywhere, all of the machines are full and in panic, you begin to wonder how else you could possibly get a workout in while avoiding the crazy rush at the gym.

Well, great news. Here are some workout moves that you can do in your dorm room or at your apartment and still work towards meeting that New Years Resolution. A workout without me having to leave my room?! Tell me more… 

1. Jumping Jacks

2. High Knees

3. Butt Kicks 

4. Jumping Squats

5. Plank

6. Wall Sits

7. Lunges

8. Tricep Dips

9. Burpees

10. Push Ups

11.  Run Stairs

12. Mountain Climbers

13. Russian Twist

14. Plie Squats

15. V-Ups

16. Superman

Repeat and Remember…