Style > Beauty

DIY Hair & Beauty Ideas You Need to Try This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Many of us are too nervous to try some DIY beauty hacks because of the bad reputation behind them. Here are a few that your fellow collegiettes swear by and tried for you all!

1.) Vaseline on Your Eyelashes

Not only is this beauty trick perfect for when you’re having a lazy day and need a little lash lift, but it also makes your eyelashes look fuller and longer. Rubbing some Vaseline on with a cotton swab before bed is ideal. Or, on your natural, no-makeup day, try curling and rubbing some on for brightening up, too.

2.) Coconut Oil

Coconut oil has become a huge natural beauty fix in the last few years. The amazing thing about this product is its multifunctionality. Use it on your ends as a hair mask (just be sure to rinse well), as an exfoliating lip scrub after a long day of lipstick wear to help soften and revive your lips, or even as a moisturizing face scrub.

3.) Cotton Fibers or Baby Powder on Your Lashes

Rubbing a spoolie on a cotton ball or baby powder and then gently rubbing it on your lashes can increase their length and fullness. Just watch out to not get those little fibers in your eyes!

4.) Ripe Bananas for Your Acne

Rubbing the skin of a ripe banana on a blemish or pimple for 5-10 minutes can lighten and diminish its appearance almost instantly. This is one to swear by, since it is so good and cleansing for your skin (and truly works).

5.) Yogurt and Honey Face Mask

Two things found in almost every fridge or pantry, this DIY face mask softens and rejuvenates dull and dry skin.

6.) Green Tea Bags to Help Dark Circles

Through the sleep deprivation of midterms and finals, snagging two green tea bags from the dining hall and placing them fresh out of cool water under your eyes for 15-30 minutes, can really reduce the appearance of dark circles.

Cover Image Source