A College Girl’s Guide to Affordable Workout Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

I know I’m not the first to admit that I have a true obsession with workout clothing. I would be buying different workout leggings each week if my bank account allowed it. We all know that Lululemon has some amazing fitness clothing, but we also know that those $100 we would have to spend on their leggings could go towards our ridiculously priced textbooks instead. Here are five high quality and affordable stores that won’t make your wallet cry.

1. Forever 21

If you had told me even one year ago that Forever 21 would be stepping up their workout clothing game, I wouldn’t have believed you at all. I recently started purchasing from them again, and am constantly impressed with each and every purchase. There sizing ranges from an XS to a 3X, and you can easily get a pair of high waisted leggings for $14.90!

2. Amazon

Now you might not know this, but Amazon has some major steals when it comes to workout leggings. One of my favorite leggings sold through Amazon is by the brand 90 Degree by Reflex. There are both high-waisted and mid-rise leggings, that come in a wide variety of colors. The only downside about these particular leggings are that they are not sweat proof, so be prepared to have some sweat marks if you choose to purchase these. On the upside, the best part about this brand is that these leggings are only $22.99.

3. Old Navy

Old Navy is a brand that I can always count on, especially when it comes to their workout leggings. The pants range in all different colors, sizes, lengths, etc. If you are completely new to the workout world, I would definitely suggest buying your first pair of leggings from this brand.

4. TJ Maxx

Now, when it comes to TJ Maxx I would not recommend buying online. There are many more options available to you when you go to the actual TJ Maxx stores. For example, I have found Tommy Hilfiger, Nike, and Adidas leggings all at an extremely discounted price. You may have to search for a lot longer, but trust me, it’s worth it.

5. Gymshark

Last but not least, one of my all time favorite brands to buy workout leggings from is Gymshark. This brand has grown tremendously in the last year, and their leggings can be seen all over social media. The only downside to these leggings is that they are the most expensive out of all of the five stores. They are also based in the U.K., so shipping can be on the pricier side, around ten dollars. If you buy over $75 worth of products you get free expedited shipping, which usually gets your leggings to you within a week. Even though the leggings are more expensive, I would highly suggest getting yourself a pair.

High quality leggings at an affordable price, what more could you ask for? Enjoy shopping, collegiettes!

Image Header Source

Sade is currently a senior at UConn, and is enrolled as a Human Development and Family Studies major. Sade enjoys binge-watching youtube videos, doing her makeup, and people who get her name right the first time meeting her (shah-day). Sade hopes to go into early education, preferably into teaching at a head start or birth-to-three center.