This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Let’s be honest, pumpkin spice with vodka probably won’t taste the best. But don’t you worry, I have a few fall cocktails for you to try this season. I think you’ll find these drinks pretty apple-ing:

1) Caramel Apple Sangria is not only delicious, but it’s beautiful and so easy to make, too. The only instructions are: stir the wine, vodka and apple cider together in a large pitcher. Add the chopped apples to the pitcher, or to individual glasses, and serve the sangria over ice.

2) Apple Cider Moscow Mule is something more sour than sweet. If you want more of a kick to your beverage, this is your go to. Here are the instructions: in a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes, hard apple cider, ginger beer, citron vodka, lime juice and cinnamon. Shake. Then pour into a cup filled with crushed ice and garnish with apple slices, lime wedge and a cinnamon stick.

3) Apple Cider Mimosas are easy peasy lemon squeasy to prepare. Add brown sugar to the rim and garnish with an apple slice. The only instructions are to pour the apple cider into a champagne flute, followed by the champagne and then serve immediately!

4) Golden Apple Juice is another quickie in the kitchen. All you need is apple juice, white grape juice, lemonade and vodka of your choice. Stir in a large drink jug and serve!

5) Autumn Spiced Rum Cider Cocktail is another gem. Rum is a great alternative for vodka for when you’re getting a little tired of the same old, same old. The instructions are to combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a sealable container. Next, add ice and pour the spiced rum and spiced apple cider. Stir well. Top with hard cider and lemon bitters.

Cheers! Drink up. 

Cover Image Source