This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

My lovely sisters and I welcomed eight new members to the Gamma Zeta chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta this past Sunday!

After a week of informal recruitment (Great job Marissa!), I would like to congratulate and welcome Jessica, Becca, Danielle, Liz, Hilary, Dana, Jen and Emily for receiving and accepting their bids!

Delta Zeta, Pi Beta Phi, and Alpha Epsilon Phi also welcomed a new spring 2010 pledge class this past week after holding informal recruitment. Congratulations on a successful recruitment and welcome new members, of these sororities!

If you missed out on informal recruitment and are still interested in joining Greek life make sure to check the Greek Life Website regularly for fall 2010 formal recruitment information!

Photography by Lauren Cunningham

Amanda Grewer is a second-year student at the University of Connecticut as a student of the College of Liberal Arts and Science, majoring in Journalism and Political Science. She comes from Danbury, Connecticut where she was Feature Editor and Business Manager of Danbury High School’s newspaper, Hatters’ Herald. At UConn she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta and Assistant Director of Special Events for HuskyTHON, the 18-hour dance marathon that supports Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. She has freelanced for The Hartford Courant as well as attended Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s Summer Journalism Workshop. Besides writing she enjoys shopping (even if it’s at the Co-Op), watching Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill with her boyfriend Jared (he actually enjoys them), and hanging out with her sister. Although she is passionate about journalism, she is unsure as to what she wants to do with it in the future but is interested in trying out different types of journalism.