This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

The announcement of the collaboration of Alexander Wang and H&M was huge. This would be the first time H&M has decided to work with an American designer. Alexander Wang started out his fashion career back in 2005 and made his first appearance at New York Fashion Week in 2007. Soon after his collections exploded and became instantaneously successful.

Alexander Wang for H&M won’t be released until November 6th, 2014. The collection is being released online with a purchase limit. They are also only releasing the collection in selected stores around America. Therefore, if you want to see the pieces in person I would recommend you look at the store locator option on the H&M website. On the release date there is also a first come first serve system. The first 420 people outside of each store would receive different colored wristbands. Then groups of 30 will go inside and have time to shop for 15 minutes.

As you can see this is a BIG deal. Wang believes he has put together a unique modern collection that will work well for workdays, club nights but also workouts. Wang has designed 61 pieces of apparel and accessories. The collection is also directed towards both men and women. From the previews released online, his collection seems to feature a lot of structured mesh paneling, interesting body con dresses and outstanding accessories.

Even though H&M is considered to be inexpensive, it is suspected that this collection is going to be on the more pricey side. Pieces will range from $10 to $350. Regardless it is an amazing price for Alexander Wang.

Make sure you check out the collection and find more information on the H&M website. Here’s a preview on what will be coming out.